Re: manhole covers

  • From: blitz
  • Date: Sat Feb 22 04:47:50 2003

At a University I "consult" for, this is a common problem, their 34.5kv lines, which incidentally travel the same hole as their fiber optics, blow open about once a month, due to failing old power lines.

Get used to it, and make money off of it, is all I can say....

At 20:59 2/21/03 -0500, you wrote:

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> The interesting thing is that this happens every few weeks (at least -
> sometimes multiple times per week), and generally they don't know why.
>
> Not in Adams Morgan. Not in Foggy Bottom. Not even
> in Georgetown Heights. Only in Georgetown, Its become a local joke.

Well of course we know why, its the St. Elmo's Fire ;).

allan
--
Allan Liska
allan@allan.org