Re: mfnx

  • From: Simon Lyall
  • Date: Wed Feb 19 14:50:19 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Scott Granados wrote:
> Nope, nobody responded from noc@above.net so I tried here, got a response
> and was all set.  Helpful once you get around the noc where we had no
> response.

IMHO posting to nanog to contact a Noc should be the last resort. If you
have no response to email you should try various numbers you have for
their Noc, then your account manager (they love getting called at 3am
cause the Noc won't respond to customers) , then the people in whois etc etc.

At that point you could post to nanog asking. But if possible make your
query a value added for others of us who might be considering using the
provider in the future. Sentences like "I sat on hold for 30 minutes and
the line went dead" , "leaking RFC 1918 space" , "Changed ip without
notice" are useful...

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: simon.lyall@ihug.co.nz
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: simon@darkmere.gen.nz