Re[2]: VoIP QOS best practices

  • From: John L Crain
  • Date: Mon Feb 10 15:08:09 2003

I'm a user of one of those INOC-DBA phones.

I have two one at the office, one at home.

When I travel long distance I drag the one at home with me.

Beat the **** out of using traditional phones between Europe and west
coast USA, beat the **** hell out of traditional phones between China
and the US.

In fact I found, using a software solution that if I dialed into a
local dial-up provider and used VoIP I got better quality than just dialing
direct.

Bill speaks from experience of actually deploying a globally
distributed VoIP system. No Q0S, no dedicated circuits, no large
bandwidth requirements.

JC