FW: .org whois - a clarification

  • From: Bruce Beckwith
  • Date: Thu Jan 30 18:27:54 2003

The following comment was made privately, yet since it may be of
interest to others, I am posting the question and noting that we have
gone ahead and done this.

Regards,

Bruce Beckwith
Public Interest Registry

>There has been some confusion about the naming of the new .org whois
for
>port 43 service.  As noted now on our web site, and also in other
posts,
>it can be found at:
>
>whois.publicinterestregistry.net

why not also

  whois.pir.org

for those of us who actually type this stuff on command lines? Any
chance
of a CNAME? Sure would be nice.