North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Re: What could have been done differently?
- From: Ted Fischer
- Date: Tue Jan 28 10:46:56 2003
At 11:13 AM 1/28/03 -0200, Rubens Kuhl Jr. et al postulated:
| Are there practical answers that actually work in the real world with
| real users and real business needs?
Yes, the simple ones that are known for decades:
- Minimum-privilege networks (access is blocked by default, permitted to
known and required traffic)
- Hardened systems (only needed components are left on the servers)
- Properly coded applications
- Trained personnel
I would just add, as has been mentioned by others (but bears repeating):
- A commitment by management
There are no shortcuts.
Rubens Kuhl Jr.