Re: g.root-servers.net - U.S. DoD Network Information Center

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 23:15:21 2003

From: "Sean Donelan"

> So does anyone know what happened to the US DOD NIC during this event?
> They provide one of the root servers, but they disappeared off the net
> for much of this event.

My personal opinion, though it doesn't account for much, is that they were
testing out the new ways one can serve DNS from a MS-SQL database. Then
again, they could just be smart and be paranoid. If I had a private network
where security was required to be high, I'd have pulled the plug until the
storm was over. Why take chances?

Jack Bates
BrightNet Oklahoma