FW: Worm / UDP1434

  • From: Freedman David
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 11:52:42 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Freedman David
To: 'nanog@nanog.org'
Sent: 1/25/03 1:44 PM
Subject: Worm / UDP1434

Anybody here on list using Extreme products
(Summit/Alpine/Blackdiamond)?
They sure don't like this traffic one bit. It causes them to not only
drop traffic, but spew out every available error message under the
sun...

Extreme are apparently assembling an "advisory TAC" on this, from our
point of view, since we use the devices to do l3 aggregation (for colo
and such) we've used an ACL to try and combat the offending traffic, but
its not doing much good.....

--
Email Disclaimer can be viewed at:
http://www.netscalibur.co.uk/email.html