Re: Level3 routing issues?

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Sat Jan 25 07:28:40 2003

From: "Mikael Abrahamsson"

> What kind of traffic levels are you seeing? With a handful of /16 etc
> we're not seeing more than 5-10 megabits of traffic according to my
> global transit graphs.
>
> People who havent null routed their unused prefixes properly will probably
> see a lot of problems though (but that's default).

Going by the decline in both my outbound and inbound access lists over time,
I suspect that the traffic increases when a sql server is found. Once
communication is cut between the two, it appears that there is just scan
data passing through at a lower rate. I have little data to go on, though,
so my assessment may not be accurate.

Jack Bates
BrightNet Oklahoma