Re: Scaled Back Cybersecuruty

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Tue Jan 14 14:28:51 2003

In article <103014.14855.19429@avi.netaxs.com> Vijay the Budget Master wrote:

: Avi Freedman <freedman@freedman.net> writes:

:> Perhaps the Feds (and maybe states) could use their purchasing power
:> to effect change.  Short of that, or regulation, the I don't see how
:> the serious issues we have with the 'net will get resolved.
:>
:> I suppose that the "problem" is likely that people don't understand
:> what a nice actually well-written worm could/would do if it were
:> targeted at the infrastructure.

: People do. I've been beating this particular horse for a while now,
: and we are starting to deploy the capex hammer.  I suggest others start
: to do the same. See my presentation at the eugene nanog.

: /vijay

Many networks of sizable import have no capex budget, though - or
sometimes very little if no engineering resources.  They all pay
attention to sales - and especially to RFIs and RFQs from the Feds,
though.

Avi