Re: US-Asia Peering Research Request

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Fri Jan 10 07:05:15 2003

I remember back at APRICOT in 1999 that some folks (Dave Rand and colleagues maybe?) were talking about an initiative to provide an AP Peering Ring...

Just out of curiosity on this topic. Is there anyone who ever managed to get a distributed peering point to work? If I remember history somewhat correct, the first attempt was D-GIX back in 1993(?). That failed (if Peter or someone else who was at KTHNOC back then is reading maybe you can give the facts), and I think I know of 3-4 other attempts that failed.

Anyone care to shed any light on this?

Best regards,

- kurtis -