RE: AOL & Cogent

  • From: Al Rowland
  • Date: Thu Jan 02 13:35:55 2003

Been on vacation so sorry for the late response but we're talking fiber
here, not ICs. How about this for an analogy: When I upgraded from ISDN
to Cable, my Internet habits changed considerably. Large downloads were
no longer something to be avoided and that 250Kbps audio/video stream
could run in the background 24/7 without interfering with my other
traffic. While you may visit the same old web pages after upgrading your
computer, upgrading your connectivity typically results in significant
changes in traffic patterns. Computers have been capable of broadband
connectivity for decades. No need to upgrade to use more bandwidth. :)

So let's change your analogy to "the day after you upgraded from dialup
to broadband..."

Just my 2.

Best regards,
Al Rowland