Re: DC power versus AC power

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Sun Dec 29 22:12:28 2002

Absolutely. Often, there are more than a few hundred amps available.
Remember, many of those switch rooms were built to specs to drive a very
large number of solenoids, relays, etc. All relatively high-current
devices compared to today's solid state stuff. Alot of the specs were
never reduced, the rooms just got bigger, and the number of customers.
There's a reason the backbone is multiple copper plates and not just
wire.

Owen