Cisco OSMs for 65XX

  • From: Jeff Nelson
  • Date: Wed Dec 11 15:31:19 2002

I'm looking into an edge 65XX solution for a new DC with multiple sonet
connections to GigE and I was hoping for some real world feedback.
Particularly, we're considering the OSM-4OC3-POS-SI+ and the
OSM-2OC12-POS-SI+. While performance and redundancy may best be served
by GSRs with engine3/4 linecards or the big J, I'm not convinced the
expense is worth the additional costs.

Any hands-on experiences or 3rd party performance statistics are most
welcome.

Thank you,
jeff