lists of DNS servers by region.

  • From: Tatsuya Kawasaki
  • Date: Wed Dec 11 08:35:10 2002

Many web sites which are mulihome/mult co-located seem to act differnetly
depend on which DNS severs that we  use.

Questions:
1. Does anyone have lists of DNS servers by region to may optimize the
path?-- of course it may depend on the network topology ...Assume that
If ISP is fully messed with others.. ie Teir I provider for exmaple.

2. what is the typical  of method they(web hosts) used to decide which one
to give?

Tatsuya

Tatsuya Kawasaki - Engineer III - CSC
tatsuya.kawasaki@allegiancetelecom.com - 240-616-2417
800-581-8711 (24 Hour Support) - 240-616-2414 (fax)
Allegiance Internet