Re: Spam. Again.. -- and blocking net blocks?

  • From: Sabri Berisha
  • Date: Wed Dec 11 03:27:33 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> As long as spamming is legal, people will do it, period.  You cannot solve
> administrative problems with technical solutions.  The key is for ISPs to
> form a political lobby (with the same power as the DMA) and push for
> reasonable laws to protect consumers.  Until then, we're all pissing in the
> wind.

When something is illegal in the US, it does not necessarily be illegal in
Europe or Asia. Or do you really expect Pakistani police to track down and
convict a spammer who has offered you A Larger Penis[tm]?

What I'm trying to say is that 'the solution' will probably have to be a
combination of legislation and technical measures.

--
Sabri Berisha
	www.cluecentral.net