Re: The magic security CD disc Re: HTTP proxies

  • From: Florian Weimer
  • Date: Mon Dec 09 19:15:51 2002

"Hunter Pine" <hunter@compuhelp.com> writes:

> As much of a flame magnet as this post may be, I'd actually like to
> commend MS for their security efforts on Windows XP.

"Simple File Sharing" doesn't look to great, I'm afraid.  Apparently,
quite a few people manage to create a share with public write access
when activiting it.

> MS can't push it, or there'd be yet another lawsuit.

Read the EULA.  Microsoft will push it, but only if it's not *your*
security which is in danger, but the security of the *content*
*providers*.

Nice asymmetry, and it shows where we are heading.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/