Re: Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Fri Dec 06 14:51:37 2002

Thus spake "Alec H. Peterson" <ahp@hilander.com>
> <Putting on my hat as ARIN AC Chair>
> I see this as purely an operational issue.
>
> ARIN explicitly does not guarantee routability of prefixes it assigns.

This is a case of ARIN knowingly assigning unusable space to customers.
There's a huge difference there.

> If service providers choose to filter ARIN allocations, then that is an
> operational decision.  I really don't see what action you expect ARIN to
> take along these lines.

Assign him some temporarly space in a usable block while he tries to get the
offending ASs to fix their filters, and stop assigning out of 69/8 until it
actually works.  This isn't rocket science.