Re: Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Dec 06 14:04:06 2002

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:17:56 EST, Joe Abley said:

> If there was definitively no way to educate this community, or to
> provide tools or methodologies which allowed members of it to
> cooperate, the Internet would not exist.

The problem is that there's a large trickle-down factor to deal with. Yes,
after many years, we've *finally* gotten most sites to shut down their
open SMTP relays.  We now get to embark on another Five Year Plan to shut down
open HTTP proxies.

However, the people impacted by the 69.0.0.0/8 problem can't wait that
long for people to fix their martian filters.