Re: Networking in Africa...

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Mon Dec 02 23:31:30 2002

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, fingers wrote:
> > i don't know if I've ever actually received 1 of those spam messages from
> > a host inside Nigeria
>
> About 45% of the nigerian scams I receive originate directly from nigerian
> IPs, another 45% originate from a2000.nl in the netherlands, and the last
> 10% from lagos.

Someone folks may remember from the list way back, Robbie Honkerkamp,
is working in Africa building net.

Here's an sample:

http://www.tangaza.com/Home/IntroStatic.html

http://www.rufaa.com/

Anyhow, I think the big problem in Africa is pipe size. It's
pretty neat that with small pipes people put up such big websites.

-M