RE: iBGP next hop and multi-access media

  • From: Pete Templin
  • Date: Mon Oct 07 15:20:33 2002

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Ralph Doncaster wrote:

> It seems pretty obvious to me that if you have a an ethernet segment with
> multiple routers on it that adding a secondary IP to each one is more
> complicated and error-prone than adding it to one and having a dynamic
> routing protocol notify the rest of the routers on the segment.

They are dynamic routing protocols, not dynamic gateway-creation
protocols.  You're asking iBGP to create an interface.  iBGP (and other
dynamic routing protocols) don't do that.

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr., CCNP, CCDP
Networking Consultant

On-Line Internet Services - URDirect.net
A division of Global On-Line Computers
5606 Randolph Blvd		templin@urdirect.net
San Antonio, TX 78233		(210)692-9911