RE: redistribute bgp considered harmful

  • From: Charles Youse
  • Date: Fri Oct 04 18:15:29 2002

I've never subscribed to the "Are you sure?" concept, or preventing problems
by removing functionality, effectively tying an operator's hands behind
his/her back.  The fact is that redistributing BGP into an IGP can have its
uses (though not usually, okay, never, when carrying a full table on the
public Internet) and I'd hate to see the messy workarounds that would come
about, when the solution could otherwise be straightforward.

My Windows workstation asks me "Are you sure?" all the time.  Just annoying,
really.

C.