Economic Justification / Rationale for MPLS

  • From: Shannon Lake
  • Date: Tue Oct 01 03:28:35 2002

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have been conducting research looking for the economic justification for MPLS.  I have some feedback, but sound rationale from the industry has eluded me thus far.  I am looking for a paper, website, etc that explains the benefits of implementing MPLS (other than technical) or gives some economic modeling for MPLS-based networks.  Any help, reasoning, rationale or personal insights/views would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shannon M. Lake Sr.