Re: Sprint (1239) blackhole ? Or bogus /32 route ?

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Thu Sep 26 14:44:27 2002

At 02:27 PM 26/09/2002 -0400, Vinny Abello wrote:

Yep, you're right. Looks like they might blackholing the /32 with a null route on their network somewhere.

To mitigate the impact, I am sending 199.212.134.0/24 as a more specific route through my other transit provider (15290) who does not transit with 1239. I am trying to limit the damage to just inside 1239 and those single homed off 1239. I am sending 199.212.134.0/23 through Telus (852) who also has transit with AS1239.

Someone else told me off list that Sprint usually blackholes with ACLs and not NULL0 routing. So perhaps an IGP issue ? If so I would have thought others would be seeing strange things as well.

---Mike