Re: Popular trouble ticket management system for IP NOC

  • From: jeffrey.arnold
  • Date: Thu Sep 19 03:20:46 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Yu Ning wrote:

:: Have any idea of the current popular trouble ticket system for the NOC ?
:: The system used to accept, dispatch, close, store and search trouble
:: ticket or customer case ? It's pretty much a NOC work flow system,
:: but more focused on IP NOC.
::

Definitely check the archives, this comes up often:

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/

I've seen everything from $100 pc's running RT to multimillion dollar distributed
remedy installs used successfully. I personally use RT 1.0, and like it.
RT is available at: http://www.bestpractical.com

-jba
__
 [jba@analogue.net] :: analogue.networks.nyc :: http://analogue.net