RE: Testing BGP with real UPDATEs

  • From: Vandy Hamidi
  • Date: Tue Sep 17 14:41:53 2002

If you are testing the receipt of routes and inbound filtering, I just block
all outbound advertisements and connect to an ISP or one of my border
routers.
That way you can test your filters and inbound access-lists and manipulate
the BGP tables before putting the router into production.
Hope that helps some,

	-=Vandy=-