Re: Drive-by spam hits wireless LANs

  • From: John Angelmo
  • Date: Wed Sep 11 07:24:50 2002

Neil J. McRae wrote:
Just cause there are unprotected WLANs dosn't imply that spammers use them (perhaps its to hard for the spammers ;)).
Corporations should protect ther WLANs but saying that spamming is a great threat is to overdo it.

I agree, but people said that the spammers wouldn't be able to
deal with BGP route advertisement but there was cases of spammers
injecting routes sending out spam then removing those routes. Wlan is
easy.

Neil.
Yes you are right, but I think that the article on news.com dosn't contain any valuable information but are just there to scare ppl.

It isn't so hard to make admins secure the open hotspots, the problem is how to handle ppl who buy hour access at a café. (IMHO)

/John