Re: IP address fee??

  • From: Christopher X. Candreva
  • Date: Thu Sep 05 16:30:06 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Owens, Shane (EPIK.ORL) wrote:

> Quick question, does there exist a practice of charging customer for IP
> address blocks used?  My theory is that the first Class C is included with
> the service, but I'm wondering what happens when the customer wants 2,3,4 or
> more?

Shane:

I think an important question would be what level of service are they
buying.  Including 255 address with a T3 would be very reasonable, less so
with a T1, not very reasonable with DSL, and ridiculous with a dial-up
account.

There is generally a charge for additional IPs with DSL (or co-location)
services because it is so cheap. You don't usually find this with T1 and
above.  But everyone's pricing is different.

Chris Candreva  -- chris@westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/