Re: routing architectures ( was Re: AT&T NYCrouting )

  • From: Kurtis Lindqvist
  • Date: Fri Aug 30 04:38:28 2002

> > Um.  Set up more than one reflector....
>
> So how many is enough?  I would think 3 is a minimum to come close to the
> reliability/redundancy of OSPF.

I fail to see what reflectors have to do with stability (except for the
obicous human errors and configuration mistakes). Reflectors and
confederations is more to help with scaling. And I would then expect the
number of BGP speaking routers to be up around 10-15-20. It doesn't make
much sense below that (unless you are playing with the number of routes on
boxes).

Last I fail to see what the number of reflectors have to do with
correlation to a IGP?

- kurtis -