RE: AT&T NYC

  • From: Derek Samford
  • Date: Thu Aug 29 17:44:11 2002

Ralph,
	It all depends on your application. Will you be peering with
your clients, or planning to at some point. If that router has anything
to do with transit, then you need the BGP tables, as you need to be able
to hold path attributes. Every time you see one of us mention ISIS or
OSPF, all it has to do with is carrying loopback/infrastructure routes.
The rest of our prefixes are carried over BGP. If your application
doesn't require you hold-on to attributes (Basically, you never plan on
running BGP with a client off of that router or that router will never
be doing transport for a router in your network that has clients running
BGP.) Or, you could run MPLS, but we won't even go there.

Derek

I'm