Heads-up

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Mon Aug 26 15:33:10 2002

[ posted for a non-nanog friend who is definitely a respected
  security wonk -- rb ]

All:

I'm currently doing a study of software upgrading behavior with an eye
to figuring out what variables cause people to upgrade or otherwise.

Unfortunately, this requires doing some probing of the sampled systems
(about 900). I've carefully designed these probes not to cause any
damage but there's a real probability that they will raise some IDS
alarm bells.

The source netblocks these scans are coming from are:
	198.144.203.240/28
	198.144.201.112/29

I want to apologize for any inconvenience or concern this might have
caused or will cause. If you notice any actual damage arising from
this testing, please let me know immediately so I can appopriately
modify my sensors.

Thanks,
-Ekr

--