Re[3]: Die thread, DIE!)

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Fri Aug 23 09:16:13 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 02:01:38 -0400 Jim Popovitch <jimpop@rocketship.com> wrote:
> IMHO, I know of no out-of-the-box MTA that defaults to handle mailinglist
> loads.

!?!?!?!?

> Attached is a
> graph from yesterday showing the number of running Sendmail processes
> (green), and the number of emails in mailq (blue).

umm, sendmail had a lot of problems 6-7 years ago, but supposedly has
improved. i wouldn't know, i switched to exim back around 1996, and guess
what -- in 1996, exim handled mailing list loads well out of the box. i'm
talking about 2000-3000 subscriber lists and 25-35 email messages a day.

i'm told postfix and qmail do good jobs with mailing lists as well.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net