www.habeas.com (was Re: introducer trust model, Was: Eat this ...)

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Thu Aug 22 17:52:13 2002

> the same problems apply to blocking incoming SMTP connections, or mails
> from/to specific addresses, SPAM.
>
> thinking a little bit more about the issue with networked services in
> general (including SMTP and the spam/abuse problems, as well as
> filesharing and many more), the conclusive decision would be to define a
> bullet proof standard on introducer based trust, deriving a certain trust
> level or metric from a peer-trust based trust chain. ...

A friend of mine recently started Habeas (see http://www.habeas.com/) and
since I have no financial or operational connection to them I feel pretty
free to state publically that there are non-web-of-trust introducer models
available which might pan out pretty well even though they're profitable.
--
Paul Vixie