Re: Eat this RIAA (or, the war has begun?) - Why not all ISPs?

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Thu Aug 22 02:11:21 2002

In message <HGEEKCPKMCLEIOHFGKCNOEPLCBAA.nigel@forever-networks.com>, "Nigel Cl
arke" writes:

>Start now, do whatever it takes.
>
>Amongst the paperwork passed to congress, RIAA must have indicated where
>it's hackers would work from. Why not start there?

I assume you're talking about the Berman bill -- for the full text, see
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c107:1:./temp/~c107Pidyhy::
(it's not law yet).  Note in particular that although they have to
notify the Attorney-General of the technologies they intend to use,
the bill doesn't say anything about IP addresses.  Note also that the
technology list is confidential.

Actually, the entire text is pretty appalling -- but read it for
yourself.

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)