RE: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 21:06:58 2002

Then perhaps you'd like to tell me how we have tens of thousands of
users quite happily doing it?

True, I wouldn't run Hotmail/AOL/EarthLink/etc's MXes off dynamic IPs,
but for a home/small biz mail server...

Oh, and one last thing, when you specify an MX (statically, as you say),
you don't put in the IP but rather a name created with A record, so what
prevents that A record from being a low-TTL dynamic DNS A record?

Vivien
--
Vivien M.
vivienm@dyndns.org