RE: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: Robert Blayzor
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 19:32:54 2002

> 	Look.  The DNS is seriously screwed-up enough as it is.  Let's
> not take a bad model and replicate it elsewhere.

I'm not saying use DNS specifically, but using something "DNS" like.
Whether it be a database of public keys or certs really doesn't make a
difference at this level.

> 	Sure.  Are you willing to be the first?

If it came down to the wire and something like this were implemented,
and enforced, then yes, I'd be the first in line.  If the software, the
system and the means are available, I'd make sure we were registered
before the system went live.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Exclusive: We're the only ones who have the documentation.