RE: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: Robert Blayzor
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 17:38:30 2002

> I agree with getting personal mail servers registered, as far
> as paying
> $100 for a mail server registration (as mentioned in previous
> messages)...that's no good.  As a user with a personal mail
> server, it
> is bad enough to have pay for connectivity and a domain name.
>  Having to
> pay for the privilege of running a mail server is too much.

Well owners of the IP space that have accounts in the registrar pay the
$100 per year, per account, not server.  So if you have a personal mail
server, but the space is not SWIP'd to you, you'd get your ISP to
authorize it.  Whether they charge you extra for it would be up to them.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.