Re: Dave Farber comments on Re: Major Labels v. Backbones

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat Aug 17 22:49:45 2002
On 17 Aug 2002, Paul Vixie wrote:
> How long, in this new era of homeland security, can we expect it to last?
> How long before someone has to say "I'm sorry, I can't peer with you or sell
> you transit because you have downstreams or peers inside the axis of evil"?

The question has already been asked.  If ISPs are interested in how it is
answered, they should participate.

Technology is neutral for the most part.  Firewalls can keep bad people
out of your systems, they can also block your access to the Washington
Post news site.  The reason people trust public libraries is librarians,
not fancy technology.  The reason people trust ISPs is ????