Re: Echo

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Sat Aug 17 16:26:16 2002
  • Newsgroups: iecc.lists.nanog

I have some fairly popular echoes at gurus.com, the most popular of
which is internet@gurus.com (an address that never appeared anywhere,
oddly enough, although versions like internet8@gurus.com appear in
my books.)

It remembers each message it sends, and won't send more than five
messages per hour to any target mailbox.  Messages above that are
dropped, not delayed.

I don't ever recall a deliberate mailbomb, but I do get spam blasts
that would reverse mailbomb the forged From: address in the spam, and
the occasional loop. The rate limit has sufficed to keep things under
control.

Regards,
"Just how much hay did we buy?" asked Tom, balefully.