Re: Max Prefixes Configured on Customer BGP (WAS Re: ALGX problems?)

  • From: Joe Wood
  • Date: Thu Aug 15 21:38:43 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Mark Kent wrote:

> We'ld prefer that such ISPs identify themselves here so we can
> straighten them out.  Wasn't that your intention when you asked this
> question:
>
>     How many of you that currently do not filter your customer BGP
>     sessions have max-prefixes configured?
>
> That seemed to me to be a small trick to get unsuspecting ISPs to
> wave their hands "Over here!", so that we could whack'em.

;>

Actually, my intent was to get more of a representation on who actually
cares enough to try and prevent these leaks that I see from my peers
frequently. Those that don't really do anything to prevent these leaks
would be the peers that I would begin doing agressive filtering on our
sessions.

I would think that all the ISP's represented on this list get wacked
enough on other list topics, they probably don't need any more beatings
about this....

Take care,

Joe