Re: Max Prefixes Configured on Customer BGP (WAS Re: ALGX problems?)

  • From: Mark Kent
  • Date: Thu Aug 15 21:28:56 2002

Joe Wood <joew@accretive-networks.net> typed:
>> However, for ISP's that do NOT use any sort of prefix filters, wouldn't
>> you prefer that your BGP session was limited to a number of prefixes, in
>> case of a routing leak?

We'ld prefer that such ISPs identify themselves here so we can
straighten them out.  Wasn't that your intention when you asked this
question:

    How many of you that currently do not filter your customer BGP
    sessions have max-prefixes configured?

That seemed to me to be a small trick to get unsuspecting ISPs to
wave their hands "Over here!", so that we could whack'em.

-mark