Re: kudo's to netops security people

  • From: blitz
  • Date: Thu Aug 15 14:42:26 2002

Its GOOD to hear one of these once in a while....a hearty "attaboy" to all who did their jobs properly...

At 07:28 8/15/02 -0700, you wrote:

since this list bashes on people/orgs for NOT dealing with
security matters, I thought I'd be contrary..

Qwest.net, FNSI.net, online-mac

all sent swarms of bad packets towards a client lastnite.

all where 100 percent responsive in solving / fixing
the problem puppies quickly, no hassle, no fuss.

Magic words were " I have a security issue with one of your
users, may I please talk to your network security people".

click click click,  Hello, <name> Security person...

I now return you to your normal NANOG SN

john brown