Re: NSPs filter?

  • From: Stephen Stuart
  • Date: Wed Aug 07 21:10:07 2002

> >Would you care to take a shot at answering my question, or is
> >contributing productively too much to ask?
>
> My employer believes against filtering on source or destination.

Are you at liberty to share that reason for that? If you know that the
source address is bogus (for whatever reason, RFC1918 source address
is my favorite example), why not act on the fact that it is bogus? Is
it economic - are you collecting revenue for that traffic? Do you
believe that the router's performance or stability are adversely
affected by restricting the traffic that you pass in any manner?

Stephen