Re: Deaggregating for emergency purposes

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Tue Aug 06 17:07:25 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:00:55PM -0400, Phil Rosenthal wrote:

> But the question is, what do you do if it's coming from somewhere with a
> difficult to contact NOC, and their upstream is difficult to contact as
> well?

If you really MUST plan to announce more specifics, I'd suggest you
lookup RPSL and the ^ operator (ex: 1.2.3.0/19^+). If done correctly, it
should result in no real overhead in IRR or on your providers' routers.
Those ge and le operators are there for a reason, use 'em.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras