Re: Deaggregating for emergency purposes

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Tue Aug 06 16:48:56 2002

> > >1. Call their NOC.
> >
> > typical response: you're not our customer, go away.
>
> Typical response: You're not our customer, who are you?
> I'm Omachonu Ogali with XYZ Networks, and I'd like to speak to
> a network engineer regarding a routing problem.
> -- Ah ok, please hold.
>
> Omachonu Ogali
> missnglnk@informationwave.net
> http://www.informationwave.net

	Hum.  I take ~4 calls each day for things that are some other
	ISPs problem.  Folks are -politely- told that the issues
	are either with their ISP or someone upstream of their ISP.
	When they get pushy, I offer them a service contract. 99.999%
	(hey Sean, there are your five 9's!) of them then choose to
	work with thier ISPs.  I suspect that you have more than enough
	clue to never have to give me a call, but if you do, be prepared
	to be re-directed... :)

--bill