Re[2]: Bet on with my boss

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Fri Jun 21 16:06:22 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:42:23 -0700 Scott Francis <darkuncle@darkuncle.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 03:37:56PM -0400, pawlukiewicz_jane@bah.com said:
> > How important is the phone to you? I mean, given some situation that
> > arises, can we solve it without the phones?

> If the network is down, the phone is critical. For any complicated
> problem,
> the phone is also critical.

and in particular, one point that the inexperienced often overlook, but
probably 99% of the readership of this list is familiar with, is that a
modem in a remote equipment cabinet is a good thing, as when you blow a
router config and it stops talking to the network, dialing into it via
said modem is the only quick path to saving your job.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net