Re: SPEWS?

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 22:12:00 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 measl@mfn.org wrote:

> > Well if you want to talk about western networks, qwest ranks second just
> > behind chinanet in terms of black hat and spam.
>
> s/qwest/verio/g
>
> As someone who has recently had the "pleasure" of dealing with some of their
> pink sheet clientele...

IME, Verio has been clueless in many ways in the past, but they do have an
abuse desk. It appears that the guy in charge is a white-hat. I have even
met someone who claims to work the Qwest abuse desk, and I haven't been
given any reason not to believe her yet! :) (She even LARTed a spamming
Qwest salesrep for me, which was cool.)

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -