Re: SPEWS?

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 20:55:41 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 up@3.am wrote:

> When you're dealing with what some people refer to as "tier 1 providers"
> (I'll just say really big networks), this can be counter-productive.  From
> what I've seen the following providers have been notoriously unresponsive
> to spam complaints (apologies if any of this is dated):
>
> UUnet (Worldcom)
> Sprint

Yeahbut the only blocklist I know of that is blocking all of Sprintlink
is spambag. And again, folks... we're discussing SPEWS here, not spambag.
And yes, spambag is an extremely aggressive list that its homepage
specifically *states* is a personal blacklist. If you're foolish enough to
use an overly aggressive blacklist that was never intended for public use,
sorry, but you don't *deserve* to talk to half the Internet.

Is SPEWS blocking all of Sprint? All of ANY large provider, for
that matter?

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -