Re: query about determining ingress interface

  • From: Dylan Greene
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 18:24:51 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 06:06:51PM -0400, Rajesh Talpade wrote:

> the interface that "should be" passing the traffic.

Rajesh,

Hmm.. Short of trusting that you're only going to receive traffic on a given
ingress interface from a source you're learning from it (uRPF, sorta), I'm
unsure how you could really reliably determine this?

> in other words, given an IP address, i would like to know what interface
> traffic from this address should enter my network.

Would be be sufficent to just look at the routes you're learning via a given
interface on your edge, and say that you can expect to receive traffic from
those sources on those interfaces?

It's not going to be particularly accurate, but unless you have tables from
all of your peers, I'm not sure what else you'll have to go by..

..Dylan

--
  ,  Dylan Greene      ,
 +   Juniper Networks   +