Re: SPEWS?

  • From: David Lesher
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 11:16:26 2002

Unnamed Administration sources reported that Sabri Berisha said:

> > I'm curious; do folks take these guys serious?
>
> Any non-contactable blacklist should not be taken serious. Posting to a
> public forum (ie usenet) to contact the maintainer of such is list is not
> acceptable and I for one can not understand why any responsible site
> administrator would use such a list.

Has anyone here acknowledged why it is that SPEWS is like this?

MAPS was easy to reach, easy to find; they got sued into submission
time & again, by spammers with big money... SPEWS has yet to be
sued, AFAIK.

As as bonus, it's great fun to see a spamhaus show up and bleat
about how virginal they are, and they made one little mistake,
and it's fixed; can they PLEASE wear a white dress....?

And then the replies appear with records of spam after spam,
often still in progress, get posted in reply....