RE: ATTBI refuses to do reverse DNS?

  • From: Tim Wolfe
  • Date: Wed Jun 19 15:47:57 2002

<SNIP>
> Was there not once upon a time there was a proposal to
> require cable-cos
> to provide what would effectively be layer-2 service to any
> IP provider?

Yes there was until the FCC kindly stepped in and told the cable companies
that they didn't need to bother with any of that open access stuff (followed
by their brilliant ruling that removed the necessity of ILECs to allow
unbundled access to people like Covad, etc)  Thanks FCC for ensuring that
all of us yokels don't have to go through the pain of deciding which ISP to
get our broadband from, since we'll only have one choice per broadband type
soon.....

--Tim

Timothy M. Wolfe                CCSE/NSA/CCNA
Sr. Security Engineer           tim@ignw.com
InfoGroup Northwest             541.485.0957 x108